*** Content Under Review ***
*** See www.compliance.wisc.edu/hipaa for up-to-date content. ***
The UW-Madison HIPAA Compliance Program is updating policies, forms, FAQs, and guidelines to better serve your needs. Additionally -- we are migrating content from these pages to www.compliance.wisc.edu/hipaa; once we complete the migration, this site will retire and visitors to these pages will be re-directed to that location. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Please forward your website improvement suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Director of Compliance
- Deans/Associate Deans or Directors of the units of the UW-Madison Health Care Component
- Executive Director of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Vice Chancellor, Office of Legal Affairs
Ex Officio Members:
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Legal Counsel, Office of Legal Affairs
The UW-Madison Chancellor is kept apprised of committee decisions and findings by the purposeful membership overlap between the Executive Board and that of the Chancellor’s Executive Group.
The Executive Board has overall responsibility for oversight of the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Program and provides adequate resources and authority for the successful administration of the Program. The Executive Board guides the vision, strategic purpose, and establishment of philosophical principles to champion the Program. The Executive Board evaluates biannual reports from the Operations Committee (summarizing PHI compliance performance metrics and program initiatives) to:
- Assess the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Program;
- Identify process improvement opportunities for the Program and the resources needed to achieve them; and
- Set priorities for the Operations Committee.